Bring the El Paso Zoo to your classroom!
The Education Department at the El Paso Zoo is committed to helping teachers and educators create a connection with their students and wildlife. We'll help you make your class wild by helping you integrate conservation into your curriculum. Sign up your classroom today!
- All program curriculum is TEKS, STEM, and National Standards aligned.
- Programs are 30 to 45 minutes.
- Classes are available by request using the online reservation form.
- All classes are fun and interactive with opportunities for encounters with our education animals.
- There may be up to 40 students per session.
- Initial program is $115 with the option of two additional programs at $75 per program. Subsequent programs must start within 30 minutes of the previous.
- The maximum time we can spend at your school is 3 hours.
- Presentation room must be climate controlled between 70-75 degrees F° for the safety of the animals.
All about Water (Grades K-3)
Students will learn about water sources in El Paso and why water is a limited resource that needs to be conserved.
Animals of the Chihuahuan Desert (Grades 3-12)
Students will learn about Chihuahuan Desert animals, plants, and the adaptations needed to survive in our desert.
Animal Wrappers (Day Care, Head Start, Pre-K-3)
Students will discover the different coverings of mammals, birds and reptiles. They will also learn about how these coverings help the animals survive in their habitats.
Biomes of the World (Grades 6-12)
This interactive program will allow students to better understand how life is dependent upon and interacts with the non-living elements of an ecosystem.
Careers at the Zoo (Grades 4-12)
Zoos offer several career choices. Students will learn about many of these zoo careers such as zookeeper, exotic animal veterinarian, education specialist, zoo director, and so much more!
Our World Our Friend (Grades K-12)
Students will learn about the importance of biodiversity. How are our everyday lives affecting animals and plants around the world?
Venomous Animals(Grades 3 and up)
Students will learn how to identify venomous animals of the El Paso area. They will also learn the importance of these animals and how they help balance our ecosystems.
We offer opportunities for every grade level! What are you waiting for?
To register for an OFF SITE program at your school use this registration form:
Reservations must be made 3 weeks in advance.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Please note: For most programs students will get an up close look at some of our educational animals and biofacts. Animals in our education collection include reptiles (snakes, tortoises and other reptiles), birds (parrots), invertebrates (venomous and non venomous) and mammals (chinchilla, hedgehog, ferret and other mammals). For animal safety reasons we cannot guarantee any individual animal or class of animals. Please note that like people, animals sometimes have a bad day or are sick and on these days some animals may not be available. There may be an option for participants to touch an educational animal depending on group size and age.